Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gracie

Gracie has been so much fun. The other day she said "I know what I want to be when I grow up! First a mom, then a teacher, and finally, I want to work with animals". She has such the little mommy and caregiver instinct. The other day, as I was cleaning Gracie's room I opened the drawer to put her clothes away, and sitting nestled in the drawer was a little, purple toy car that she had snuggled her clothes around. She had placed a little pink blanket tenderly over the cars body, its plastic headlights peaking out.

More than anything, though, Gracie LOVES her daddy. Her and Jess have such a special bond. Whenever Jess and I are embracing, she runs up, squeezes herself between our legs and wiggles her little body up until we are separated and no longer hugging, the whole time yelling, "he's my daddy!", to which I reply, "he's my husband!".  She is a jealous little skunk. Jess loves it. He is a very special daddy and teacher to the kids.

While camping at Three Peaks Jess gave Gracie a field lesson on scat.

Showing Gracie how to shoot his pellet gun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is one cute kid, but what would you expect a Grandma to say? She is lucky to have such a good Daddy.